Kids of STEEL (KOS) is an award-winning
, free youth physical activity and nutrition program designed to instill lifelong, healthy habits in children. Our training plans are geared towards age-appropriate exercise and healthy eating habits. During the training period, children will:
- Complete physical activity and nutrition goals based on their chosen training plan
- Learn the benefits of setting a goal, training for the goal and achieving that goal
- Track activity and nutrition goals on a training log and turn it in for a finisher prize
Children are encouraged (though not required) to complete the program by registering for a designated P3R event depending on the training program and season. Check out our Kids of STEEL Races
page for more details.
Our Spring season races during the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events.
- UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run
- Toyota Pittsburgh Kids Marathon
- Sheetz Pittsburgh Toddler Trot
Learn more about the upcoming Kids of STEEL Spring Program